Welcome to All Saints Anglican Church, North Parramatta!
I write to you with some important news affecting our life as a Christian church. Aligning with the Archbishop of Sydney we will be suspending all of our public gatherings at All Saints until further notice.
I encourage you to consider that our mission is more important now than ever. We are living in a world of growing fear and anxiety, and Jesus is still our only hope and security. But the challenge now becomes how to encourage, love and care for one another on this mission without public gatherings.
To that end, at this point, we will be continuing the following ministries:
- Open church, we are planning to open the church on Sundays from 8-11am & 6.30-7.30pm providing pastoral care for members & the public who may want to de-brief at a safe distance from each other, or pray in the church.
- Thursday Night Bible Study in the Ministry Centre.
- Pastoral care of congregation members through visits and phone calls.
- Lending library. (Why not settle down with a good book if you are stuck at home?)
- Some small groups in homes.
I would encourage appropriate social distancing, thorough washing of hands, not interacting with others if you have any signs of illness, etc. To some, all of this will seem an overreaction, but the government and diocese are seeking to be very cautious to try and limit the infection rate curve, in the hope of minimising the impact of the sickness. Watch this space as we work out further protocols to safely meet together.
If you or someone you know becomes unwell, please let us know so we can pray for you. If you know of anyone in our church who is in need and you are able to help, please do so and let the ministry team know of your concerns.
"May God grant us an extra measure of his grace to be faithful in this time of crisis, trusting in his sovereign and merciful hand (Psalm 91:1-4)."
God is good and is still working his good purposes in us and for us.
Rev Owen Goddard